Everything you need to park your fifth-wheel like a pro. This checklist includes steps for pre-trip planning, inspecting the site, working with a spotter and more.
- Determine your route and identify obstacles. Plan alternate routes as needed.
- Research available spots. Reserve a pull-through spot, if possible.
- If headed to a campground, research available space.
Arrival and parking
- Inspect site. Look for obstacles.
- Establish roles (spotter/driver).
- Decide on hand signals or walkie-talkies.
- Eliminate distractions.
- If you can pull through, take it slow and watch side mirrors.
- If you can’t, back into spot with spotter’s help.
- Give yourself an easy visual reference like orange cones.
- Take your time and make necessary corrections.
- Check positioning, as needed.