From choosing who’s going to be the spotter to extending your awning, this checklist includes everything you need to safely park your towable RV.
- If headed to a campground, research available space.
- Research available spots. Reserve a pull-through spot, if possible.
Arrival and parking
- Inspect parking site.
- Look for obstacles.
- Establish roles.
- Pull-through: Go slow and use mirrors.
- Pull-through: Watch tail swing and wheel tracking.
- Back-in: Use a spotter. Coordinate instructions appropriately.
- Ensure tow vehicle clears obstacles.
- Make small adjustments. Check positioning as needed.
- Check final positioning.